New release plan

123

Re: New release plan (take 2)

Thomas Fuerer

Yes, sounds really good for me.
if the overhead with branching/merging is too high we can work with an 2
week iteration. Anyway, we should try this solution for a time.

is there any solution how we can increase the coverage, only with unit
tests? Or have we a decision to use any functional testing tool on GUI
level, too?

Thomas

Kohsuke Kawaguchi schrieb:

> Incorporating all the feedbacks, the slightly revised proposal is:
>
>  - Let's shoot for once-a-week release cycle, on Friday evening pacific
>    time.
>
>  - trunk is open for commits all the time, just like it is now. We do
>    encourage feature branches for sizable changes, just like how we've
>    been doing that.
>
>  - I'll cut an RC branch mid-week, and the release will be from this
>    branch. After the release, I merge the branch back to the trunk and
>    delete the branch.
>
> And this is just for the core, not the plugins. Release branches only
> live for a few days, so the branching and merging shouldn't be too bad.
>
> Relevant adjustments:
>
>  - start measuring the code coverage as an incentive for more tests,
>    both for core and plugins.
>
>  - continuously build the tip of the plugins with the tip of Hudson to
>    detect regressions.
>
>  - continuously build the last released versions of the plugins with the
>    tip of Hudson to detect regressions.
>
>  - improve update center so that people can nominate themselves as
>    beta testers for the RC bits.
>
>  - changelog.html convention needs to be adjusted to work with this
>    model.
>
> Looking for the community contributions:
>
>  - Git/SVN bridge for Hudson's codebase.
>

> Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
>> As you know, lately we are suffering a quality problem in releases.
>> There are multiple things we need to do to fix that, such as more
>> tests and early regression testing with plugins, but it's also clear
>> that we need to adjust the release process.
>>
>> So this is the proposal to make that adjustment.
>>
>> - Let's shoot for once-a-week release cycle, on Friday evening pacific
>>    time.
>>
>> - We allow commits freely in Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tue. Tuesday evening
>>    is RC cut off.
>>
>> - We reserve Wed, Thu, and Fri as the quiet period.
>>    We make commits to the core conservatively, and I'll use this period
>>    to deploy RC bits to my production Hudson to be a guinea pig.
>>
>> - This should give us more time to write tests.
>>

>> I know there will be all sorts of different ways to do releases, and I
>> don't want to argue which is better than which. So my main question
>> is, putting my dictator hat on, is this something that people can live
>> with?

Re: New release plan (take 2)

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Asgeir Storesund Nilsen wrote:

> 2009/3/13 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]>
>

>> Looking for the community contributions:
>>
>>  - Git/SVN bridge for Hudson's codebase.
>>

> What kind of contribution/s are you looking for?  Are you considering using
> Git instead of Subversion for the release process, maintaining the trunk, or
> what?
No, basically I just want someone to set up a bridge between a Git
repository and Hudson's subversion repository, and make it available
preferrably on GitHub.

The idea is to allow people to "contribute" changes to Hudson more
easily, in a way that we can pull them when we want.

This would also simplify the work for those who maintain local changes
to Hudson.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: New release plan (take 2)

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Thomas Fürer wrote:

> Yes, sounds really good for me.
> if the overhead with branching/merging is too high we can work with an 2
> week iteration. Anyway, we should try this solution for a time.
>
> is there any solution how we can increase the coverage, only with unit
> tests? Or have we a decision to use any functional testing tool on GUI
> level, too?
If someone has a suggestion that allowing people to write tests with
framework XYZ will increase the likelihood of us getting test
contributions, I'm all ears.

Other than that, I don't think anyone is actively driving this at the
moment.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: New release plan (take 2)

R. Tyler Ballance
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 04:04:37PM -0700, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Asgeir Storesund Nilsen wrote:
>> 2009/3/13 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]>
>>

>>> Looking for the community contributions:
>>>
>>>  - Git/SVN bridge for Hudson's codebase.
>>>

>> What kind of contribution/s are you looking for?  Are you considering using
>> Git instead of Subversion for the release process, maintaining the trunk, or
>> what?
>
> No, basically I just want someone to set up a bridge between a Git
> repository and Hudson's subversion repository, and make it available
> preferrably on GitHub.
I/we did this at Slide for what felt like an eternity (~6-7 months) with
our Subversion->Git migration (see:
http://unethicalblogger.com/posts/2008/10/git_back_subversion_mostly_automagically_part_33)

A lot of the issues with setting stuff up like this stems from the fact
that Git and Subversion both treat changesets and in turn branches
vastly different, making it difficult to collapse a hierarchial
git-based branch-tree back into Subversion.

It's actually far easier to maintain a read-only mirror of one or the
other, but as soon as you introduce the need to maintain history between
the two it's quite difficult.

> The idea is to allow people to "contribute" changes to Hudson more
> easily, in a way that we can pull them when we want.

As for GitHub, the git-svn clone of Hudson's trunk is too large for an
open source account

What I've elected to doing was keeping git-svn clones of just plugins as
their own distinct repositories.

Cheers
--
-R. Tyler Ballance
Slide, Inc.

Pls help for deploying a new plugin

Thomas Spengler
Hello,

While releasing a plugin I get following error

       [INFO] [hpi:upload]
        Rhino classes (js.jar) not found - Javascript disabled
        [INFO]
        [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
        [INFO]
        [INFO] Failed to upload the artifact

    Embedded error: userName property is missing
        [INFO]

And of cources it runs after a deploy

Please help.

Thx

Tom

Re: New release plan (take 2)

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
R. Tyler Ballance wrote:

> I/we did this at Slide for what felt like an eternity (~6-7 months) with
> our Subversion->Git migration (see:
> http://unethicalblogger.com/posts/2008/10/git_back_subversion_mostly_automagically_part_33)
>
> A lot of the issues with setting stuff up like this stems from the fact
> that Git and Subversion both treat changesets and in turn branches
> vastly different, making it difficult to collapse a hierarchial
> git-based branch-tree back into Subversion.
>
> It's actually far easier to maintain a read-only mirror of one or the
> other, but as soon as you introduce the need to maintain history between
> the two it's quite difficult.
Tom seems to be attempting git-svn and had some issues. I hope he finds
your write up useful.

>> The idea is to allow people to "contribute" changes to Hudson more
>> easily, in a way that we can pull them when we want.
>
> As for GitHub, the git-svn clone of Hudson's trunk is too large for an
> open source account

If we lose some of the past history on Git side, I think that's fine
too. That should allow us to cut down the repository size to an
arbitrarily small size.

And I think you told me some time ago that Git does extend the 300MB
limit for open-source projects, so I'm hoping we can ask for one.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Pls help for deploying a new plugin

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator

Can you run mvn with the -e option and the -X option so that we can see
where it's failing?

Spengler, Thomas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While releasing a plugin I get following error
>
>        [INFO] [hpi:upload]
>         Rhino classes (js.jar) not found - Javascript disabled
>         [INFO]
>         [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>         [INFO]
>         [INFO] Failed to upload the artifact
>
>     Embedded error: userName property is missing
>         [INFO]
>         [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
>
> And of cources it runs after a deploy
>
> Please help.
>
> Thx
>
> Tom

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Pls help for deploying a new plugin

Thomas Spengler
here is my attached logfile

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Can you run mvn with the -e option and the -X option so that we can
> see where it's failing?
>
> Spengler, Thomas wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> While releasing a plugin I get following error
>>
>>        [INFO] [hpi:upload]
>>         Rhino classes (js.jar) not found - Javascript disabled
>>         [INFO]
>>         [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>>         [INFO]
>>         [INFO] Failed to upload the artifact
>>             Embedded error: userName property is missing
>>         [INFO]
>>         [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
>>
>> And of cources it runs after a deploy
>>
>> Please help.
>>
>> Thx
>> Tom

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Spengler
System Architect
Associate Director, Strategy & Architecture
Fox Mobile Distribution

Phone:  +49- (0)30- 69 538-5276
Fax:    +49- (0)30- 69 538-599

E-Mail: [hidden email]

Famous Brands:
www.jamba.de
www.jamster.com
www.ilove.de

Fox Mobile Distribution GmbH (formerly Jamba! GmbH)
A Company of Fox Mobile Group
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 5
10178 Berlin, Germany

Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung mit Sitz in Berlin
HRB Nr. 97990 Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Geschäftsführer: Kaj Hagros, Dirk Hoffmann

EXEC_JAVA_HOME=
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.5.0_17
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.27-gentoo-r8" arch: "amd64" Family: "unix"
[DEBUG] Building Maven user-level plugin registry from: '/home/tom/.m2/plugin-registry.xml'
[DEBUG] Building Maven global-level plugin registry from: '/usr/share/maven-bin-2.0/conf/plugin-registry.xml'
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[DEBUG] Searching for parent-POM: org.jvnet.hudson.plugins:plugin::1.277 of project: de.jamba.hudson.plugin.wsclean:hudson-wsclean-plugin:hpi:1.0.3-SNAPSHOT in relative path: ../../../../Import-277/plugin-pom.xml
[DEBUG] Using parent-POM from the project hierarchy at: '../../../../Import-277/plugin-pom.xml' for project: de.jamba.hudson.plugin.wsclean:hudson-wsclean-plugin:hpi:1.0.3-SNAPSHOT
[DEBUG] Searching for parent-POM: org.jvnet.hudson:hudson::1.6 of project: org.jvnet.hudson.plugins:plugin:pom:1.277 in relative path: hudson-pom.xml
[DEBUG] Using parent-POM from the project hierarchy at: 'hudson-pom.xml' for project: org.jvnet.hudson.plugins:plugin:pom:1.277
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'release'.
[DEBUG] Loading plugin prefixes from group: jamba
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository jamba-repository-proxy-snap
[DEBUG] Loading plugin prefixes from group: org.apache.maven.plugins
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository jamba-repository-proxy-snap
[DEBUG] Loading plugin prefixes from group: org.codehaus.mojo
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository jamba-repository-proxy-snap
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.release:maven-release::4 for project: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-beta-7 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::5 for project: org.apache.maven.release:maven-release:pom:4 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::3 for project: org.apache.maven:maven-parent:pom:5 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Initialising extension: org.jvnet.wagon-svn:wagon-svn
[DEBUG] de.jamba.hudson.plugin.wsclean:hudson-wsclean-plugin:hpi:1.0.3-SNAPSHOT (selected for null)
[DEBUG]   org.jvnet.hudson.svnkit:svnkit:jar:1.1.4-hudson-4:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]     ch.ethz.ganymed:ganymed-ssh2:jar:build210:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus::1.0.11 for project: null:plexus-utils:jar:1.4.1 from the repository.
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.4.1:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]   org.jvnet.wagon-svn:wagon-svn:jar:1.8:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon::1.0-beta-2 for project: null:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-beta-2 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::4 for project: org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon:pom:1.0-beta-2 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for unknown:wagon-provider-api
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-beta-2
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-test:jar:1.0-beta-2
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh-common-test:jar:1.0-beta-2
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh-common:jar:1.0-beta-2
[DEBUG]   junit:junit:jar:3.8.1
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-interactivity-api:jar:1.0-alpha-4
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-beta-2:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.4.1)
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-beta-2:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]     org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.4.1)
[DEBUG] Adding to extension classpath: /home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/org/jvnet/hudson/svnkit/svnkit/1.1.4-hudson-4/svnkit-1.1.4-hudson-4.jar
[DEBUG] Adding to extension classpath: /home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/ch/ethz/ganymed/ganymed-ssh2/build210/ganymed-ssh2-build210.jar
[DEBUG] Adding to extension classpath: /home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.4.1/plexus-utils-1.4.1.jar
[DEBUG] Adding to extension classpath: /home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/org/jvnet/wagon-svn/wagon-svn/1.8/wagon-svn-1.8.jar
this realm = plexus.core.child-container[extensions]
urls[0] = file:/home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/org/jvnet/hudson/svnkit/svnkit/1.1.4-hudson-4/svnkit-1.1.4-hudson-4.jar
urls[1] = file:/home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/ch/ethz/ganymed/ganymed-ssh2/build210/ganymed-ssh2-build210.jar
urls[2] = file:/home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.4.1/plexus-utils-1.4.1.jar
urls[3] = file:/home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/org/jvnet/wagon-svn/wagon-svn/1.8/wagon-svn-1.8.jar
Number of imports: 0

this realm = plexus.core
urls[0] = file:/usr/share/maven-bin-2.0/lib/maven-2.0.9-uber.jar
Number of imports: 0
WAGON_VERSION: 1.0-beta-2
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.jvnet.hudson.tools:tools::1.6 for project: org.jvnet.hudson.tools:maven-hpi-plugin:maven-plugin:1.27 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Unable to find the lifecycle component in the extension
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException: Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository: org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandlerhpi.
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:323)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:312)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:440)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookupMap(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:390)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getPluginComponents(DefaultPluginManager.java:1522)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.findArtifactTypeHandlers(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1198)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.findExtensions(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:177)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
[INFO] Building Hudson Distributed Workspace Cleaner
[INFO]    task-segment: [release:perform] (aggregator-style)
[DEBUG] Plugin dependencies for:

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0-beta-7

are:

org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api:jar:2.0:runtime
org.apache.maven.release:maven-release-manager:jar:1.0-alpha-4:runtime
org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime

[DEBUG] org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-beta-7:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven::2.0 for project: org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api:jar:2.0 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-file:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http-lightweight:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api:jar:2.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.release:maven-release-manager:jar:1.0-alpha-4:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus::1.0.8 for project: null:plexus-utils:jar:1.3 from the repository.
[DEBUG]     org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.3:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-interactivity::1.0-alpha-6 for project: null:plexus-interactivity-api:jar:1.0-alpha-6 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-components::1.1.9 for project: null:plexus-interactivity:pom:1.0-alpha-6 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus::1.0.10 for project: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-components:pom:1.1.9 from the repository.
[DEBUG]     org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-interactivity-api:jar:1.0-alpha-6:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus::1.0.9 for project: null:plexus-utils:jar:1.4 from the repository.
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for org.apache.maven:maven-model
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-file:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http-lightweight:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:2.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for org.apache.maven:maven-artifact
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-file:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http-lightweight:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven:maven-artifact:jar:2.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for unknown:maven-project
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-file:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http-lightweight:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven:maven-project:jar:2.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for unknown:maven-profile
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-file:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http-lightweight:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]       org.apache.maven:maven-profile:jar:2.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]         org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for org.apache.maven:maven-artifact-manager
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-file:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http-lightweight:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]       org.apache.maven:maven-artifact-manager:jar:2.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for org.apache.maven:maven-repository-metadata
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-file:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http-lightweight:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]         org.apache.maven:maven-repository-metadata:jar:2.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]           org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]         org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]         org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-alpha-5:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]           org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for unknown:maven-settings
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-file:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http-lightweight:jar:1.0-alpha-5
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven:maven-settings:jar:2.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.4:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm::1.0 for project: null:maven-scm-api:jar:1.0 from the repository.
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-api:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus::1.0.4 for project: null:plexus-utils:jar:1.1 from the repository.
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-managers::1.0 for project: null:maven-scm-manager-plexus:jar:1.0 from the repository.
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-manager-plexus:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-providers::1.0 for project: null:maven-scm-provider-bazaar:jar:1.0 from the repository.
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-bazaar:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       regexp:regexp:jar:1.3:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-clearcase:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-providers-cvs::1.0 for project: null:maven-scm-provider-cvsexe:jar:1.0 from the repository.
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-cvsexe:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-cvs-commons:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]         org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-cvsjava:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.netbeans.lib:cvsclient:jar:20060125:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       ch.ethz.ganymed:ganymed-ssh2:jar:build210:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-hg:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-perforce:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-starteam:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-providers-svn::1.0 for project: null:maven-scm-provider-svnexe:jar:1.0 from the repository.
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-svnexe:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-svn-commons:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]         org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]     org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-synergy:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.3)
[DEBUG]     jdom:jdom:jar:1.0:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]     jaxen:jaxen:jar:1.1-beta-8:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]       jaxen:jaxen:jar:1.0-FCS:runtime (removed - causes a cycle in the graph)
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.3:runtime (removed - nearer found: 1.1)
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime (selected for runtime)
[DEBUG]  The following artifacts were filtered out for plugin: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0-beta-7 because they're already in the core of Maven:

org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api:jar:2.0:runtime

These will use the artifact files already in the core ClassRealm instead, to allow them to be included in PluginDescriptor.getArtifacts().

[DEBUG] Configuring mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0-beta-7:perform' -->
[DEBUG]   (s) basedir = /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean
[DEBUG]   (f) goals = deploy hpi:upload hpi:announce
[DEBUG]   (f) project = MavenProject: de.jamba.hudson.plugin.wsclean:hudson-wsclean-plugin:1.0.3-SNAPSHOT @ /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/pom.xml
[DEBUG]   (f) reactorProjects = [MavenProject: de.jamba.hudson.plugin.wsclean:hudson-wsclean-plugin:1.0.3-SNAPSHOT @ /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/pom.xml]
[DEBUG]   (f) scmCommentPrefix = [maven-release-plugin]
[DEBUG]   (f) settings = org.apache.maven.settings.Settings@34bf1d3b
[DEBUG]   (f) useReleaseProfile = true
[DEBUG]   (f) workingDirectory = /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [release:perform]
[INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
[INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive checkout https://hudson.dev.java.net/svn/hudson/tags/hudson-wsclean-plugin-1.0.2 checkout
[INFO] Working directory: /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/java
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/java/de
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/java/de/jamba
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/java/de/jamba/hudson
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/java/de/jamba/hudson/plugin
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/java/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/java/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/PrePostClean.java
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/java/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/PluginImpl.java
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/resources
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/resources/index.jelly
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/resources/de
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/resources/de/jamba
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/resources/de/jamba/hudson
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/resources/de/jamba/hudson/plugin
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/resources/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/resources/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/PrePostClean
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/resources/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/PrePostClean/config.jelly
[DEBUG] A    checkout/src/main/resources/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/PrePostClean/global.jelly
[DEBUG] A    checkout/pom.xml
[DEBUG] Checked out revision 16337.
[INFO] Executing goals 'deploy hpi:upload hpi:announce'...
[INFO] Executing: mvn deploy hpi:upload hpi:announce --no-plugin-updates --batch-mode -P Proxy,weblogic,jboss,local-config,i18n,JMIRROR15 -DperformRelease=true -f pom.xml
EXEC_JAVA_HOME=
        [INFO] Scanning for projects...
        [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'hpi'.
        WAGON_VERSION: 1.0-beta-2
        [INFO] Building Hudson Distributed Workspace Cleaner
        [INFO]    task-segment: [deploy, hpi:upload, hpi:announce]
        [INFO] [enforcer:display-info {execution: default}]
        [INFO] Maven Version: 2.0.9
        [INFO] JDK Version: 1.5.0_17 normalized as: 1.5.0-17
        [INFO] OS Info: Arch: amd64 Family: unix Name: linux Version: 2.6.27-gentoo-r8
        [INFO] [localizer:generate {execution: default}]
        [INFO] [resources:resources]
        [INFO] [hpi:apt-compile]
        [INFO] Compiling 2 source files to /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/classes
        [INFO] [resources:testResources]
        [INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
        [INFO] No sources to compile
        [INFO] [hpi:test-hpl]
        [INFO] Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/test-classes/the.hpl
        [INFO] [surefire:test]
        [INFO] Surefire report directory: /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/surefire-reports

         T E S T S
        There are no tests to run.

        Results :

        [INFO] [hpi:hpi]
        [INFO] Exploding webapp...
        [INFO] Copy webapp webResources to /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin
        [INFO] Assembling webapp hudson-wsclean-plugin in /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin
        [INFO] Generating hpi /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin.hpi
        [INFO] Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
        [INFO] Building jar: /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin.hpi
        [INFO] Building jar: /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin.jar
        [INFO] Preparing source:jar
        [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
        [INFO] [enforcer:display-info {execution: default}]
        [INFO] Maven Version: 2.0.9
        [INFO] JDK Version: 1.5.0_17 normalized as: 1.5.0-17
        [INFO] OS Info: Arch: amd64 Family: unix Name: linux Version: 2.6.27-gentoo-r8
        [INFO] [localizer:generate {execution: default}]
        [INFO] [source:jar {execution: attach-sources}]
        [INFO] Building jar: /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin-sources.jar
        [INFO] Preparing javadoc:jar
        [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
        [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
        [INFO] [enforcer:display-info {execution: default}]
        [INFO] Maven Version: 2.0.9
        [INFO] JDK Version: 1.5.0_17 normalized as: 1.5.0-17
        [INFO] OS Info: Arch: amd64 Family: unix Name: linux Version: 2.6.27-gentoo-r8
        [INFO] [localizer:generate {execution: default}]
        [INFO] [javadoc:jar {execution: attach-javadocs}]
        Constructing Javadoc information...
        Standard Doclet version 1.5.0_17
        Building tree for all the packages and classes...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean//PluginImpl.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean//PrePostClean.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean//PrePostClean.DescriptorImpl.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean//package-frame.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean//package-summary.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean//package-tree.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/constant-values.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/class-use//PrePostClean.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/class-use//PrePostClean.DescriptorImpl.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/class-use//PluginImpl.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean//package-use.html...
        Building index for all the packages and classes...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/overview-tree.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/index-all.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/deprecated-list.html...
        Building index for all classes...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/allclasses-frame.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/allclasses-noframe.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/index.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/help-doc.html...
        Generating /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/apidocs/stylesheet.css...
        [INFO] Building jar: /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin-javadoc.jar
        [INFO] [install:install]
        [INFO] Installing /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin.hpi to /home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/hudson-wsclean-plugin/1.0.2/hudson-wsclean-plugin-1.0.2.hpi
        [INFO] Installing /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin.jar to /home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/hudson-wsclean-plugin/1.0.2/hudson-wsclean-plugin-1.0.2.jar
        [INFO] Installing /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin-sources.jar to /home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/hudson-wsclean-plugin/1.0.2/hudson-wsclean-plugin-1.0.2-sources.jar
        [INFO] Installing /home/tom/workspaces/hudsonView/hudson/hudson/plugins/wsclean/target/checkout/target/hudson-wsclean-plugin-javadoc.jar to /home/tom/.m2/hudsonRepo/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/hudson-wsclean-plugin/1.0.2/hudson-wsclean-plugin-1.0.2-javadoc.jar
        [INFO] [deploy:deploy]
        altDeploymentRepository = null
        Uploading: java-net:/maven2-repository/trunk/repository//trunk/repository/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/hudson-wsclean-plugin/1.0.2/hudson-wsclean-plugin-1.0.2.hpi
        [INFO] Uploading project information for hudson-wsclean-plugin 1.0.2
        [INFO] Retrieving previous metadata from java.net-m2-repository
        [INFO] Uploading repository metadata for: 'artifact de.jamba.hudson.plugin.wsclean:hudson-wsclean-plugin'
        Uploading: java-net:/maven2-repository/trunk/repository//trunk/repository/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/hudson-wsclean-plugin/1.0.2/hudson-wsclean-plugin-1.0.2.jar
        Uploading: java-net:/maven2-repository/trunk/repository//trunk/repository/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/hudson-wsclean-plugin/1.0.2/hudson-wsclean-plugin-1.0.2-sources.jar
        Uploading: java-net:/maven2-repository/trunk/repository//trunk/repository/de/jamba/hudson/plugin/wsclean/hudson-wsclean-plugin/1.0.2/hudson-wsclean-plugin-1.0.2-javadoc.jar
        [INFO] Preparing hpi:upload
        [INFO] [enforcer:display-info {execution: default}]
        [INFO] Maven Version: 2.0.9
        [INFO] JDK Version: 1.5.0_17 normalized as: 1.5.0-17
        [INFO] OS Info: Arch: amd64 Family: unix Name: linux Version: 2.6.27-gentoo-r8
        [INFO] [localizer:generate {execution: default}]
        [INFO] [resources:resources]
        [INFO] [hpi:apt-compile]
        [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[...]

        [INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 10 seconds
        [INFO] Finished at: Tue Mar 17 10:02:15 CET 2009
        [INFO] Final Memory: 55M/308M
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'

[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:583)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:482)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:227)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PerformReleaseMojo.execute(PerformReleaseMojo.java:106)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.shared.release.ReleaseExecutionException: Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'
        at org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.AbstractRunGoalsPhase.execute(AbstractRunGoalsPhase.java:66)
        at org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.RunPerformGoalsPhase.execute(RunPerformGoalsPhase.java:67)
        at org.apache.maven.shared.release.DefaultReleaseManager.perform(DefaultReleaseManager.java:319)
        at org.apache.maven.shared.release.DefaultReleaseManager.perform(DefaultReleaseManager.java:267)
        at org.apache.maven.shared.release.DefaultReleaseManager.perform(DefaultReleaseManager.java:260)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PerformReleaseMojo.execute(PerformReleaseMojo.java:102)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.shared.release.exec.MavenExecutorException: Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'
        at org.apache.maven.shared.release.exec.ForkedMavenExecutor.executeGoals(ForkedMavenExecutor.java:108)
        at org.apache.maven.shared.release.exec.ForkedMavenExecutor.executeGoals(ForkedMavenExecutor.java:126)
        at org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.AbstractRunGoalsPhase.execute(AbstractRunGoalsPhase.java:59)
        ... 23 more
[INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 24 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Mar 17 10:02:15 CET 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 12M/82M

RE: Pls help for deploying a new plugin

Nord, James
Did you create a file ~/.java.net containing your java.net username/password?

https://javanettasks.dev.java.net/nonav/maven/config.html

This e-mail is confidential, the property of NDS Ltd and intended for the addressee only. Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the [hidden email] and destroy the original message. Messages sent to and from NDS may be monitored. NDS cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free. Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NDS.

NDS Limited Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales Registered no. 3080780 VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00

HRB Nr. 97990 Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Geschäftsführer: Kaj Hagros, Dirk Hoffmann

Re: New release plan (take 2)

asgeirn
I'm maintaining a clone of https://svn.dev.java.net/svn/hudson/trunk/hudson at http://twingine.no/git/hudson.git -- it is only 94MB.

Pushing to github also worked quite well: http://github.com/asgeirn/hudson/tree/master

Were you looking into cloning everything, branches, website and all, or is this sufficient?

Asgeir

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 02:30, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
R. Tyler Ballance wrote:
[...]

Nice. How did you build it? git-svn?

2009/3/17 Asgeir Storesund Nilsen <[hidden email]>:

> I'm maintaining a clone of https://svn.dev.java.net/svn/hudson/trunk/hudson
> at http://twingine.no/git/hudson.git -- it is only 94MB.
> Pushing to github also worked quite
> well: http://github.com/asgeirn/hudson/tree/master
> Were you looking into cloning everything, branches, website and all, or is
> this sufficient?
> Asgeir
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 02:30, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> R. Tyler Ballance wrote:
>>>
>>> I/we did this at Slide for what felt like an eternity (~6-7 months) with
>>> our Subversion->Git migration (see:
>>>
>>> http://unethicalblogger.com/posts/2008/10/git_back_subversion_mostly_automagically_part_33)
>>>
>>> A lot of the issues with setting stuff up like this stems from the fact
>>> that Git and Subversion both treat changesets and in turn branches
>>> vastly different, making it difficult to collapse a hierarchial
>>> git-based branch-tree back into Subversion.
>>>
>>> It's actually far easier to maintain a read-only mirror of one or the
>>> other, but as soon as you introduce the need to maintain history between
>>> the two it's quite difficult.
>>
>> Tom seems to be attempting git-svn and had some issues. I hope he finds
>> your write up useful.

>>> As for GitHub, the git-svn clone of Hudson's trunk is too large for an
>>> open source account
>>
>> If we lose some of the past history on Git side, I think that's fine too.
>> That should allow us to cut down the repository size to an arbitrarily small
>> size.
>>
>> And I think you told me some time ago that Git does extend the 300MB limit
>> for open-source projects, so I'm hoping we can ask for one.
>>

>>> What I've elected to doing was keeping git-svn clones of just plugins as
>>> their own distinct repositories.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>

>> --
>> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>> Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: New release plan (take 2)

asgeirn
Yes.  It took a while first time around, but updating it is lightning fast.

The repository at twingine.no is updated every few hours, so you are free to use this if you wish.

Asgeir

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 03:28, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice. How did you build it? git-svn?

2009/3/17 Asgeir Storesund Nilsen <[hidden email]>:
> I'm maintaining a clone of https://svn.dev.java.net/svn/hudson/trunk/hudson
> at http://twingine.no/git/hudson.git -- it is only 94MB.
> Pushing to github also worked quite
> well: http://github.com/asgeirn/hudson/tree/master
> Were you looking into cloning everything, branches, website and all, or is
> this sufficient?
> Asgeir
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 02:30, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> R. Tyler Ballance wrote:
>>>
>>> I/we did this at Slide for what felt like an eternity (~6-7 months) with
>>> our Subversion->Git migration (see:
>>>
>>> http://unethicalblogger.com/posts/2008/10/git_back_subversion_mostly_automagically_part_33)
>>>
>>> A lot of the issues with setting stuff up like this stems from the fact
>>> that Git and Subversion both treat changesets and in turn branches
>>> vastly different, making it difficult to collapse a hierarchial
>>> git-based branch-tree back into Subversion.
>>>
>>> It's actually far easier to maintain a read-only mirror of one or the
>>> other, but as soon as you introduce the need to maintain history between
>>> the two it's quite difficult.
>>
>> Tom seems to be attempting git-svn and had some issues. I hope he finds
>> your write up useful.

>>> As for GitHub, the git-svn clone of Hudson's trunk is too large for an
>>> open source account
>>
>> If we lose some of the past history on Git side, I think that's fine too.
>> That should allow us to cut down the repository size to an arbitrarily small
>> size.
>>
>> And I think you told me some time ago that Git does extend the 300MB limit
>> for open-source projects, so I'm hoping we can ask for one.
>>

>>> What I've elected to doing was keeping git-svn clones of just plugins as
>>> their own distinct repositories.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>

>> --
>> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>> Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: New release plan (take 2)

BrandonB
Kohsuke -
Are you still planning on adding test coverage reports to the hudson.glassfish.org/job/hudson job, or are you postponing until Stephen Connolly puts out the new coverage plugin?

Re: New release plan (take 2)

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
I still intend to do it. The main reason for the delay is the JavaOne
related preparations.

2009/4/16 BrandonB <[hidden email]>:

> Kohsuke -
> Are you still planning on adding test coverage reports to the
> hudson.glassfish.org/job/hudson job, or are you postponing until Stephen
> Connolly puts out the new coverage plugin?

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: New release plan (take 2)

Erik Ramfelt
Hi Kohsuke

Is the current release process available in the Wiki (I tried finding
it but couldnt, possible place
http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/About+Hudson+project?), if
not could you add it?

Regards