hudson portlet

Prabhat Jha-3
Hi Hudson Users,

I have written a portlet that integrates with Hudson using Hudson's
remote API. The portlet can be downloaded from
http://labs.jboss.com/portletswap/portlets_collab.html . It's JSR-168
compatible so it should run in any portal server but I have only tested
with JBoss Portal 2.6 and JBoss AS 4.2.2.GA.  The integration is simple
-  given hudson main URL and filter in project name, it pulls up the
project information.

One improvement I would like to see in Hudson remote API is that when I
get a list of projects, it  returns the last build date as well.
Currently, only project name and last build status color are sent.  I
hope hudson's  remoting URL does not change for that will break this
portlet.

Regards,
Prabhat

Re: hudson portlet

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Prabhat Jha wrote:
> Hi Hudson Users,
>
> I have written a portlet that integrates with Hudson using Hudson's
> remote API. The portlet can be downloaded from
> http://labs.jboss.com/portletswap/portlets_collab.html . It's JSR-168
> compatible so it should run in any portal server but I have only tested
> with JBoss Portal 2.6 and JBoss AS 4.2.2.GA.  The integration is simple
> -  given hudson main URL and filter in project name, it pulls up the
> project information.

Cool. Would you be

> One improvement I would like to see in Hudson remote API is that when I
> get a list of projects, it  returns the last build date as well.
> Currently, only project name and last build status color are sent.  I
> hope hudson's  remoting URL does not change for that will break this
> portlet.

I'm sorry, I'm failing to parse this sentence. Are you saying that
Hudson does sent the last build date or it doesn't?

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: hudson portlet

Prabhat Jha-3
Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Prabhat Jha wrote:
>> Hi Hudson Users,
>>
>> I have written a portlet that integrates with Hudson using Hudson's
>> remote API. The portlet can be downloaded from
>> http://labs.jboss.com/portletswap/portlets_collab.html . It's JSR-168
>> compatible so it should run in any portal server but I have only
>> tested with JBoss Portal 2.6 and JBoss AS 4.2.2.GA.  The integration
>> is simple -  given hudson main URL and filter in project name, it
>> pulls up the project information.
>
> Cool. Would you be
I guess something got deleted in above sentence? ;-)

>> One improvement I would like to see in Hudson remote API is that when
>> I get a list of projects, it  returns the last build date as well.
>> Currently, only project name and last build status color are sent.  I
>> hope hudson's  remoting URL does not change for that will break this
>> portlet.
>
> I'm sorry, I'm failing to parse this sentence. Are you saying that
> Hudson does sent the last build date or it doesn't?
I am saying that it does not return the last build date.

Re: hudson portlet

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Prabhat Jha wrote:

> Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
>> Prabhat Jha wrote:
>>> Hi Hudson Users,
>>>
>>> I have written a portlet that integrates with Hudson using Hudson's
>>> remote API. The portlet can be downloaded from
>>> http://labs.jboss.com/portletswap/portlets_collab.html . It's JSR-168
>>> compatible so it should run in any portal server but I have only
>>> tested with JBoss Portal 2.6 and JBoss AS 4.2.2.GA.  The integration
>>> is simple -  given hudson main URL and filter in project name, it
>>> pulls up the project information.
>>
>> Cool. Would you be
> I guess something got deleted in above sentence? ;-)
Yes :-)

I think I was about to write "would you be interested in hosting the
source code in Hudson CVS?" but now that I think about it, this probably
already lives in somewhere in JBoss SVN/CVS repository.

>>> One improvement I would like to see in Hudson remote API is that when
>>> I get a list of projects, it  returns the last build date as well.
>>> Currently, only project name and last build status color are sent.  I
>>> hope hudson's  remoting URL does not change for that will break this
>>> portlet.
>>
>> I'm sorry, I'm failing to parse this sentence. Are you saying that
>> Hudson does sent the last build date or it doesn't?
> I am saying that it does not return the last build date.

Got it. I added the depth query parameter to the remote API in 1.167.
You can specify a bigger depth value to increase the amount of data you
fetch in one remote API call. depth=0 is the default.

In your use case, specify depth=1 and you'll get a lot more information
that the portal can use. See more details by accessing your
http://server/hudson/api/

I'll put some of this in Wiki [1].

[1] http://hudson.gotdns.com/wiki/display/HUDSON/Remote+access+API

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
> Yes :-)
>
> I think I was about to write "would you be interested in hosting the
> source code in Hudson CVS?" but now that I think about it, this
> probably already lives in somewhere in JBoss SVN/CVS repository.
The link I pointed in my original main has source code bundled. It can
also be accessed from
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/portletswap/portlets/2_6/src/HudsonPortlet/.

> Got it. I added the depth query parameter to the remote API in 1.167.
> You can specify a bigger depth value to increase the amount of data
> you fetch in one remote API call. depth=0 is the default.
>
> In your use case, specify depth=1 and you'll get a lot more
> information that the portal can use. See more details by accessing
> your http://server/hudson/api/
Awesome. I appreciate it.

Re: hudson portlet

Sonali Prasadinie Mendis
Hi Prabhat Jha and Kohsuke Kawaguchi,

Thank you 2 very much for this post. I wanted to connect to Hudson from Liferay as a part of my academic project. This was the only portlet I could find to suit my requirements. But for me, it seemed like it's not compatible with liferay 5.2. So taking this as my reference i developed a jsr-168 compatible portlet from scratch only using JSPs and tested using liferay 5.2. It's in working condition.
You can download both war file and the source code from http://www.sdwms.webatu.com/jefe/download.html
Hope it will be useful to others who view this post :)
The appearance of the portlet is as below,
view.jsp
Please feel free to point out the mistakes I have done so I can improve my academic project as well :)
Tanks again Prabhat Jha for your great piece of work!!